View Single Post
Old 2008-12-05, 17:25   Link #154
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
What the novels do, is simply what the novels do. I understand that.

What things outside the novel do however, doesnt always mean it'll be made from the same mold. Basically, things aren't set in stone, bla bla bla...

Because, whether people like it or not, a director isn't always going to stick 100% to the source material and it doesn't always makes flops just because it's different.

Some changes are made because time constraints from one medium to another and others are made to clarify plot, characterization, etc...

Such as the "just kidding" omission from Ami's teasing in Ryuuji's house. It clarifies for the audience that Ami will have emotional investment into Ryuuji, so we won't be second guessing TOO MUCH in the later episodes.

Or do something completely different!

FOR INSTANCE!

DUN DA DA DUN DUN TA DA!

Evangelion Rebuild 1.0 You Are Not Alone.

I like these things, because if there isn't anything made beyond the end of the series of novels or anime I watch/read (sequels), then a new spin is something I can be pleasantly be surprised about and see something new.

Eva is an original work anyway, though.

Here, the Toradora novels already exist, and are written by a different person than an anime director.

Besides, why screw with the plot? It's perfect as it is, all they need to do is adapt it into anime form.

Besides, since they're giving us the exact same character development as in the novels, any other ending is going to feel... off.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-12-06 at 04:12. Reason: removed off topic comment