View Single Post
Old 2009-07-02, 18:45   Link #410
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Oh yeah Mangagamer is a fairly new company (I think 2 years old maybe), IIRC they are based in Holland. So far they indeed mostly released games with some minor Ero-scenes in (Da Capo, Kira Kira, Edelweiss, Suika AS+) and a few sex-fests, but they do have some quite enjoyable titles on offer actually (I for one am satisfied with Kira Kira and Edelweiss).
However when Hirameki was still in business they also used to adapt non-H games, so that's not so strange I think.
Anyway now that Umineko anime goes, it might attract many people to buy it's "predecessor" too, and Higurashi still has a considerable fanbase, so it's a safe bet from their side to adapt it IMO, regardless of Higu not having Ero-scenes.
Even though they kinda disregard the fantranslation with that move (that also goes on Shuffle!)
Besides that I have a positive opinion about the company, as they do offer a good service for their price, and they vastly improved their translation since their earlier games. Oh well, we gonna see.