View Single Post
Old 2012-08-02, 14:35   Link #319
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Ok, since you insist xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by VezSketch View Post
Either you're lying or you can't see well - this in no way resembles that, she has no aura around her.
One must be blind to not notice the second image but ok, moving on...

Quote:
There are two cases where Cypha has had an aura surrounding here and this is in her first fight with Signum after reacting - slashing Signum (chapter 7, page 25) and shooting Agito (chapter 7, page 26). No such thing is on Cypha when she cuts the iceberg (this is a fact), why are you drawing comparison between them? You cannot present this as evidence of a truth.
Cypha barely need to make an effort to blast Agito ...she put much more power in cutting the iceberg wich translates in a much bigger aura.

Quote:
You're talking about the giant white shit behind Cypha? Here's one thing, Cypha slashed the iceberg and that white space is where the iceberg would be occupied (this cannot be argued against because where else would it be?), but Cypha couldn't even be that realistically big in comparison to the iceberg. This was even big in comparison to Esquad, which dwarfed the TSAB warship they had at the time. If you're claiming this was a byproduct of what you believe Cypha did here, I can just as easily say that's simply a way to showcase the destruction of the iceberg and depicting the scene. It's artist license, this cannot be used as it as evidence of what you're claiming without something substantial. You've yet to do so.
Just the same way i can just say it's simply a way to showcase the level of power Cypha used to destroy the iceberg. You're also making assumptions suppossedly based on that "Occam's Razor" stuff. A big circular aura clearly surrounds Cypha, and it wasn't present in any other depiction of slashes until that point. Yes, is an assumption, no one talked specifically on the nature of the attack, that's for granted. But it was hardly a mere slash, a mere slash can't cut a mountain unless your sword's lenght is at least 1/3 the thichness of the mountain (just an ssumption to clarify in case you also want to get picky on that xDU).

Quote:
I'll continue on because I believe you're wrong in your assumptions.
You're free to do so but bring irrefucable evidence if you want to convince me or at least some decent logic. Nothing in the Nanoha canon suguests Cypha could had sliced a mountain with a simple, unaided slash. A big rock? maybe. A wall? sort of ..but a mountain? i don't think so. I'm not talking about mere strenght here, there's also things like resistance, distance, etc. I'm not a geologist but even then xDU

Quote:
I have never said there was only one. Do not make things up or attack imagined things you believe I said. You have no evidence of particularly large chunks of the iceberg being left, no evidence of a magic ring being there, no evidence of the things in your quote below entirely:
I said there was more than one chunk of ice during the Phalanx Shift re-casting. But well i owe you an apologize if you think you got misinterpreted. Sorry dude.

Quote:
Hayate marked the finish of her casting and specifically conjured it to deter the Esquad into surrender but clearly had the ability to launch it or not, she was keeping it afloat with her magic as we can see it being done. It being a ring of magic around the iceberg when Cypha doesn't mean the casting was still ongoing as we have direct evidence says otherwise, whereas you're basing your belief on nothing. Another thing is after Hayate is stabbed, the second iceberg collapses entirely and the casting was done. There's no evidence the iceberg was still floating in the air after her attack, we do not see it in intact - the only size we can confirm here are the shreds of ices shown here and Cypha boasts (unless we're assuming she's a blithering idiot that missed a giant iceberg still being intact). You're building assumptions on assumptions and calling it an argument here.
Heimdall is a spell that requires constant maintenance, i think it was even stated in the glossary Hayate's magic is necessary to keep the whole thing from falling appart (which makes sense since an upside down moutain of ice can't stand togheter on their own, it's physically impossible). Further supported by Cuirren's actions, when she stabbed Hayate and her focus goes from mantaining the spell to keep herself alive the whole thing fell appart under it's own mass.

Here's a theory, not to be taken as gospel truth since there's no confimation for this: Cypha's blade could cut easily trought the thing because ...as a divider it can weaken the magic sustaining the whole thing togheter ...of course it's still a godawfully big structure so the humongous chunks still could fall on the Esquad xDU

Quote:
I presented examples of non "magically enhanced" attacks, you can't just dismiss them. Here's one I didn't mention and something that can't be denied:
Let's see...

Quote:
Signum was able to break through Fate's barrier in A's (episode 2) with a single sword swing. This instance was just a swing, nothing more. How strong is that exactly? Fate was able to block Nanoha's Divine Buster with her Round Shield, one of the most basic defensive spells (claiming that it wasn't as sturdy as a Round Shield would be faulty), and the shield itself was still intact, not being destroyed by the blast. Signum broke through Fate's barrier entirely with a single sword wing. That dictates Signum's melee strike was that incredibly powerful and Fate is later shown in the episode to being able to at least contend with Signum in melee. You cannot contradict me, that's just me retelling events and accepting what's shown. A plain sword swing was shown not being able break Bardiche when Signum first arrives and also immediately after Signum breaks through her barrier with the plain old sword swing.
For starters, what Signum broke wasn't Round Shiled, it was defenser ...a quicker but also noticeably weaker defense spell than the former. I concede you Signum havign great strenght but is justifable, she's not human, at the point she was a magicall construct of the Book of Darkness with enhaced stats, including strenght. But still Signum isn't the physically strongest member of the Wolkenritter and she can't slice a mountain with a plain old sword slash (Maaaaybe if she uses Karyuu Issen while unisoned with Agito).

Quote:
Another demonstration of physical might is by Reinforce breaking through Nanoha's round shield with a single punch. This was not a "magically enhanced" attack, she followed up with one, though - Schwarze Wirkung. Nanoha blocked it, holding up her device and was pretty much only knocked into the water without taking damage. Another thing to note is Nanoha's ability to physically clash with Reinforce. Although of course Reinforce is still more powerful, that's impressive.
Reinforce's fist had a black/pusple aura surrounding it (i don't know if the aura is present on both TV and DVD versions, tough) and the atack was later identified as a magically enhaced melee attack. And even if it wasn't there's the fact Reinforce is also a vastly superhuman avatar of destruction, maybe she can chop a mountain with a plain old swing if she produces a sword big enough to do the task (a sword the size of Laevatein or Cypha's Koing swords is unable to pull off something like that without power).

Quote:
Vita also lifted up something enormously big in comparison to the Defense System and it was also made of iron, adding to its weight (much more dense than rock), this is also a feat of lifting strength that can't be dismissed. Vita is not the physically strongest character.
That was indeed impressive and i also used to use that as testament of Vita's might and her proof as the Wolkenritter's physically strongest member. But further battles had made this example unreliable. Theorizing we could say she was floating at the time and thus able to magically sustain Graf Eisen's weith or at least reduce it (being able to even swing the thing is still a very impressive feat of strenght i must admit), Vita also received the War Hammer which ...unlike the fortress unit, it doesn't float on it's own and seems to be quite heavier than a Strike Cannon (a necessity for a hammer-like weapon). So yeah, Vita is pretty strong and yeah, she probably could destroy a mountain with Kaiju-sized Graf Eisen. ...but yet again ...Vita isn't a normal human so her unusual strenght is justified.

Quote:
Nanoha under a limiter was able to freely catch stop and catch both Subaru's and Teana's attacks with her hands. She was the equivalent of an AA Rank mage, but this only serves to prove a mage's simple strength is not to be overlooked.
Under a limiter doesn't mean powerless. The limiters basically brought down the Aces/Wolkenritter from ungodly powerfull to merely strong xDU Nanoha was using her barrier jacket and can hold some control over her own magic even without Raising Heart. Without any magic protection whatsoever Subaru would break Nanoha's fingers if she tried to do that to the Revolver Knuckle xDU

Quote:
Fate produces a shock wave with her swing. The physical act of swinging causes it. This shock wave was bigger than the Defense System itself - on virtue of size alone, this has to have incredibly force behind it.
The phisical act of swinging moved the sword's ENERGIES which produced the shock wave (Lightning-type Mana Conversion Affinity remember xD?). And by the way, Bardiche's Zamber mode is a Lightblade xDU

Quote:
Argument from ignorance fallacy, just because you aren't aware of something doesn't mean proof doesn't exist. This doesn't pass for logical reasoning, this is just personal belief. Attempt to dismiss what I said above this quote.
We also haven't seen her doing some of those oh so called "physical feats" without magic or aided by the prescence of her barriers, BJ or anything. In fact we saw running her desperate in a couple of ocassions un-transformed and didn't looked too impressive to me. Nanoha is quite strong indeed, able to carry the Strike Cannon around is pretty hardcore and proof of her military training but northing close to what was mentioned. At Age 9 she wasn't even an athletic girl by her own admission yet she was able to fight toe-to-toe with Fate who has trained all her life to be an expert combatant. It's great to see the wonders magic can do for a weak little girl isn't?

Quote:
The same fallacy as above. "This is not plausible to me, therefore it had to be this and had to be that." That's what you're saying. You're not even using anything substantial to support this belief. How is this a proper argument?
I use basic logic, if you don't agree you're free to counter-argument instead of calling people "wrong" without bathing an eyelash xDU I give as many substance i can find to my argument and then some more ...i'm glad you started to do the same but at least for now i still have an answer to that xDU

Quote:
Think whatever you please, but at least make a case. Evidence says Nanoha would back hand her. Of course, this is using magic. Fighting without the use of anything, Dieci is stronger than Nanoha because Nanoha's physical strength as a mage comes from magic and she's only a regular human for the most part without it.
Good, i think Dieci's is stronger than Nanoha (probably even Otto and Sein are), i'm not even need to make a case here since Keroko already did it for me. Nanoha's natural strenght simply cannot be compared to that of human cyborgs who have enhaced physical strenght beyond the physical limits of human musulature. In that regars Subaru is probably the physically strongest member of Section Six save Vita and a Reacted Tohma. Strenght and Power are usually combined but not always directly related.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~