View Single Post
Old 2009-07-13, 17:44   Link #16
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I think these spoilers will take me while to wrap my mind around.

I keep thinking that Whitebeard will die, though. When something this significant is revealed, something crucial must change.

They've just revealed that Ace is Roger's son, so now Ace is like a Prince of sorts, in Pirate lore. Whitebeard is the limiting factor. Ace won't willingly step out from under his wing. So for Ace to fill in the character he's been set up to portray, I think Whitebeard has to go.

Ace is, without a doubt, going to live. I say this with confidence enough to bet my life on it. and he's going to be probably one of the most influential characters throughout the storyline from now on. I dare say that he'll step up as Luffy's main challenger for the Position of Pirate King.

I'm waiting at the edge of my seat to see whther or not he gets a whole fleet of ships like whitebeard. In any case, the very fact that he will most likely captain his own vessel now will be satisfying enough.

This, although regrettable, also presents the possibility, however faint, that Ace and Luffy will eventually have to fight. And seriously. I honestly think that Ace and Luffy will emerge as the new Top Dogs on the Grand Line.

From what I see: Ace will take over Whitebeard's Yonkou position, and Luffy, upon entering the New World, will defeat one of the Yonkou, and take up his role.

This is...epic.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.