View Single Post
Old 2012-05-20, 17:03   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Google disagrees with your statement. But let's cut the chase "On June 12, 2006, in response to the Lebanese group, Hezbollah, capture of two Israeli soldiers, Israel backed by few Western powers attacked Lebanon infrastructures, from bridges, airport, ports, depots, hospitals, everything it can bomb. It attacked children, women, and elders. Over 1,300 Lebanese, including infants, and children were killed on the order of the Israeli prime minister Ohud Olmert." <-- See below link for full timeline
Regardless of how badly Israel conducted that war, the fact remains is that it was Hezbollah that started that one and not Israel. And no, the Shebaa farms are definitely not a good reason.

Quote:
Endorsed like a politician campaign promise, oh, btw, I have a nice condo in mars that I can sell you for cheap, I accept paypal
Look, I'm not here to defend Israels less than stellar perfomance in Palestine. I'm just pointing out that whilst Israel have disregarded many UN resolutions, this isn't one of them.

Quote:
Ok, hezbollah was created due to the invasion of lebanon, but it exists even today thanks to the expansionist politics of Israel in Palestine, Lebanon's Shebaa Farms and Syria's Golan Heights; no one votes for a beligerant political party in times of peace.
The issue of the Shebaa farms is not that clear cut and neither are the other two issues, especially when one involves a peace process and the other involves a ceasefire.

Why is the Palestinian cause even relevant with the issue of Iran, anyway? Does Iran even care about the Palestinian cause? It probably does, and even I think that if Israel finally established a respectable peace with the palestinians, then Iran would be at least a little pacified. But the fact of the matter is that there are way better ways of supporting the Palestinian cause than by sponsoring terrorism, and all the Iranian regime has really shown is that it cares more about hating Israel than supporting the Palestinians. And due to the fact that Hamas doesn't want negotiations and Netanyahu is perfectly content with the status quo, the Palestinian Question isn't going to be resolved anytime soon so it's pointless to factor it in anyway. And even if it was miraculously solved, there's no gauruntee that would stop Iran anyway.

Last edited by Haak; 2012-05-20 at 17:18. Reason: broken link
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote