View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 17:20   Link #191
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Its not just leaving it to fans imagination, its being downright sloppy. He wants to have these relationships, but he doesn't actually want to put energy into developing them; that's what makes them feel forced.
Reading your post it seems that this comes down to individual taste after all. So i can understand what you mean by "sloppy" but for me most of the time it's just ok. Of course there were a few moments when it didn't make much sense, the one i remember to be the most broken part is when Naruto has absolutely no reaction to Hinata's confession after he became the "hero" of konoha. That didn't make sense at all. The author could have added something like Naruto was afraid to talk to Hinata because he didn't know what to say. That was very awkward. The Sakura-Sasuke relationship was ok, considering what a psycho Sasuke has become there was nothing more to do for Kishimoto. I mean if Sakura trying to kill Sasuke and then at the last moment being unable to do it, then all the crying and agony she had before that is not good enough for you then i don't know what is. I think the Naruto-Sakura relationship has been developed enough, it was made clear how she deeply respects him but there's clearly no love. What Naruto feels towards her and how he doesn't do anything was made clear by a plot device called Sai. I think the introduction of Sai was a great idea, since as he discovered what human feelings are he also exposed to the readers and narrated the relationship between Naruto and Sakura.

Of course when it comes to love interests the author goes to the extremes as usual, by that i mean that the characters just can't get over the fact that their love interest either doesn't love them back or they are killed. It's completely unrealistic that people like Jiraiya, Tsunade, Obito, etc. are sticking to someone who they loved at age of 12 and cannot move on with their life. If this was common the ninja world would be extinct within 2 or 3 generations considering at what high rate they die Well maybe that's why there are no Senju any more
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote