View Single Post
Old 2007-01-02, 00:33   Link #26
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Also, i have never seen a harem(?) male lead which is so talent, robust, and moe(?).
lol, Hayate in trap mode has ranked 2nd in the polls, I gonna admire Hayate's talent in all manner of house work and such tastyness.

Still what troubles me are the translation by viz will lose most of the more subtle anime parodies/refrences that requires alot of rereading to be found that appears more and more later in the manga. At my 3rd rereading i'm still finding new things the are refrencing from. and what more amazing is the anime they parodied from are not all from well known nor even very old series (i.e. insane amount of Gun*** refs), like from the lastest chapters comment like "As easly as Gandafr controling Zero-sen". sure i found it easy to pick it up and found very funny when Hayate relate to housework and study combine, but i really wonder how much of that will be lost in translation, especially those speech habits like de arimasu etc.

If the anime and the English manga catches 2/3 of the orginal refs, it turn out great i belive.

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-01-02 at 01:03.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote