Thread: Beelzebub
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-20, 11:34   Link #923
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post

So? It's an internet forum. All opinions are subjective, That doesn't mean we can't argue about them. What would be the point of a debate or argument if were just going to say "opinions are like assholes lulz" and drop it.

Yes, it's an internet forum and you know what they say about arguments on the internet. I mean, the whole act of coming onto a series thread to proclaim that the series isn't good and that another series is much better than it is kinda...

As for the diff. plot progression of both series, Beelzebub has like 4 volumes like I said and KKOW has 9 scanlated so far. If the 8 volume one failed to beat the 4 volume one, I'd be surprised. Secondly, both series are filled with similar archetypes. Up to volume 4 of KKOW, Riko and Aoi could pretty much be said to fill the same type of char. role. Same for mitsuhashi and oga. However, Beelzebub has hinted at something other than delinquent drama while KKOW is still mostly 'mitsuhashi pwns random people/delinquents/imai'. It does it pretty well but like someone said before, it's very episodic, like an american sitcom. Also, in 9 volumes, nothing has really changed in KKOW while beelzebub has had a totally new change of scenery with the previous school/setting being destroyed. Whether this new change will bring anything interesting on the table has yet to be seen but at least it's a change.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote