View Single Post
Old 2011-10-28, 05:40   Link #24
Sol Falling

I'm not super attached to/interested in Masako myself, but yeah at least this episode managed to be hilarious. Those dreams/delusions, lol.

Sanetoshi doing his asshole thing turning Himari against Kanba. This's only gonna get worse. I wanna get the PoC's take on what it means that Himari's alive and she's still out there.

How historical are the Tokyo Metro attack references in the story. They don't really feel that way any longer. The "Survival Strategy" and 'setting the world back on track' ideas are extremely reminiscent of Aum Shinrikyo's evangelical message and teachings. But the penguins and all of Sanetoshi's individual personality make this story its own unique entity. The similarities are more like simple parallels than direct references.

The penguin groups are pretty much explicitly a cult, though. I wonder what exactly Kanba does for them.

Anyway, yeah, Kanba/Masako v.s. Sanetoshi is being set up, clearly. I'm still not thrilled by the idea of any potential romance, though.

(Masako's father said "the four of us once again living as a family". Which four? Does Masako's mother come into play anywhere in this? Or did "the four of us" actually include Masako's granfather?)