View Single Post
Old 2011-10-02, 00:58   Link #2033
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- I haven't thought of it, but since IS are designed for space exploration originally, I woudl say EMPs are probably something they've thought of already.

On another note, read the latter parts of my <Ren> fic, and you'll note that I mentioned smoke and possible gas grenades. I haven't seen them actually use the IS underwater or a true vacuum, so I'm not sure if that means the pilots still have to breathe normal air--but I am assumig they have to, as the shield only protects them from conventional/beam weapons, not smoke, tear gas, disease, etc. other agents.

White Phosphorus would be particularly nasty, htough. To Cruel and unusal levels.
Last thing.

Do you think it's possible for a person to just break through the barrier? If a person assaults an IS head on and they manage to get close enough do you think the shield will still block a human body for trying to make contact? If that doesn't work I'll just have to use the jammer knife as a temporary disabler, the weakness being that getting close enough to stab the shield without the IS spotting you is nigh impossible by yourself

Btw, thanks for giving me an idea Cecilia's gonna get a new stealth field
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote