View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 13:50   Link #2072
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0c0ntr0l View Post
You see its tales like this that really annoy me. A condom that doesn't break is 100% effective. But condoms break (thats why the lube has spermicide inside it). A woman taking the pill is 99.9% effective as long as she doesn't skip any (thats the true number, when they start forgetting the odd pill it messes it up). If any girl gets pregnant when she was on the pill go back and check whether she just pulled the goalie out of the goal, because women like to do that when they get baby fever and then claim its that the pill isn't 100% effective. Also is the condom breaks, it makes sense to get the morning after pill ASAP, which is when it is also 90% effective. All in all, if you take the right precautions it is EXTREMELY hard to get pregnant if you handle everything properly. And teens are capable of handling it properly. (Well aside from in countries where they don't teach you such things like the USA in the Bush era).

and for mr stat disbeliever: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage...obal_incidence

That table is from a measure of pregnant women or moms between 13 - 19 / 1000 13 - 19 women
I never said condoms weren't effective, but because they do break, it's not 100%, which was the only point I was trying to make. And despite Bush's idiotic 100% Abstinence classes (one of his worst ideas--along with his stupid No Child Left Behind law, which doesn't even allow leeway for the mentally challenged), we are given sex education in most public schools. I learned about condoms and the proper use in both 8th and 9th grade health class. Most schools you find will teach people about them.

However, being taught how to use them doesn't mean you're going to be responsible enough to use them. Some will, obviously, others won't.

And in the case of pregnancy, it's not just your own life you could be ruining, but the life of the child that you have to raise with no income, no diploma much of the time. Not only that, it puts a drain on taxes because many young mothers need welfare (and consequently end up not getting off of it). And if you notice, I had no problems with Suzuka and Yamato doing it and having a baby. Why? Because they were a bit older and able to take responsibility for that child's life. A 14-15 year can't do that and it usually ends up in abortion (a horrible thing unless the mother's life is in danger) or giving the kid away for adoption. As I mentioned, we have age restrictions on things because we want to make sure people are responsible and young teenagers usually aren't. There's a reason why they have high car insurance and aren't allowed to drink.

Again, different society, different culture, different ways of looking at things...

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2011-01-22 at 22:29.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote