View Single Post
Old 2005-12-24, 02:29   Link #79
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souzouryoku
Did it ever state that only Captain and Vice Captain level shinigami had a restriction on their power?

And yes, Ikkaku's strength is very "unrealistic". If he could beat his opponent (even if only by a hair)..shouldn't Hitsugaya and Matsumoto be able to defeat this guy? However, we should take into account the strength of the Arrancar...Il forte (he's the one they are fighting right? I always get them confused..) could be more powerful than the one that Ikkaku faced. However, if he wasn't..well..then that is just pathetic. And..Ichigo beat Ikkaku...which would mean that he is waay stronger than someone who is "stronger" than a captain. Very unrealistic.
Hitsugaya is overrated. BK has already say that even if someone achieve a bankai, it takes time to train it. As shown BK vs Ichigo, Ichigo actually doesn't know how to use his bankai at all. I think Hitsugaya is the same as Ichigo, except he has more time to train his Bankai, but not like BK, who has an idea of how to really use his bankai.

Since Ikkaku is asked to be a captain, it shows that the 11th squad Captain, VC and 3rd is actually quite close in strength(as in the 3rd and 5th seat can actually rise to a VC and Captain easily, not Kenpachi vs Ikkaku). This also shows that as long as you achieve a bankai, you are most likely to be a Captain. It would explain how Hitsugaya got his Captain status -> through having a Bankai most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
No offence, but this whole power limiter thing is really getting out of hand. The scenario they're in are totally different from the Rukia capture one, and they had time to wait for permission from the upper-ups while fighting enemies they themselves claim to be stronger than captains? Way unrealistic if you ask me.

And Ikkaku not having a limiter itself is a plot hole. Even when Ikkaku kept his Bankai a secret, it's already a clear fact that he's at a VC level. Just because he's not in rank, he doesn't get a limiter when he's fully as capable as the others. Nonsense.
You can't possibly has Hitsugaya to use his Hyoinmori(sp) like he did against Gin. Besides their original mission is to scout and gain information. They don't need that much power.

In SS, the VC and the 3rd seat powers differ greatly(in most squads except 11th). By power, I mean the 3rd seat cannot actually become a VC or Captain easily, unlike Ikkaku. My guess is that in every situation, they generalise. Captain and VC only. Even if Ikkaku is a Captain or VC level, he's still in the 3rd seat.
It is like attending a meeting. All Captains attend. Even if Ikkaku is of a Captain level, he is not allowed to attend the meeting. The ranks is used as a general guide to their power. Usually, most 3rd seats are not supposed to be that powerful to warrant a power limit. Ikkaku is a 3rd seat under Kenpachi, so he has no need a power limit.