View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 21:33   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
Seriously, for the call to have made things even worse wouldn't fit the upbeat tone of the rest of the series. It'd be weird if they got too angsty on us in the last two eps. My guess is that the call won't really fix things (i.e. Satoshi saying yes, he'll commit to a relationship with a girl he likes, and stop acting like an ass), but he'll do something like give the same speech to Mayaka he gave to Oreki. It'll be pretty cold comfort, but Mayaka, probably unwisely, will probably be willing to wait some more, and the four will still be able to hang out with each other.
If that's how the call goes I'd be alright with that. The least he can do for Mayaka is clear the air and actually talk to her. I think in that case she can be patient (wasn't ready to give up on him even after this) and wait for Satoshi to figure himself out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
That was... rather cold for Satoshi. What's more unexpected was Chitanda's unusual high sense of responsibility. Not to mention, her facial expression when Oreki stopped her... She looked so devastated.
After the last episode I can't say her sense of responsibility was a surprise. Not to mention seeing how much she pushed herself to sell the copies of Hyouka in the festival arc. As the president of the club she felt a heavy responsibility to get those copies sold. Last episode she felt her family responsibilities and thus couldn't just call for help. Once Chitanda feels responsible she really is the type to take serious action.