View Single Post
Old 2013-03-25, 17:59   Link #504
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
There is no evidence implying that Kuroko can teleport unbound non solids. In fact, it would make sense for those to make her calculations extremely difficult because of the fluid behaviour and the natural lack of perceptible boundries. I doubt that she, at her current level, has this possibility at her disposal.
I have to read up on the calculations angle of her powers and the general story. From my last read long ago I'm vague right now how she does this on the fly, There was one episode where Mikoto is falling off a cliff deck from a Earthquake and Kuroko jumps in after her and teleports them both back up to the ledge (floats back down?) in the blind. I though Kuroko had to see where she teleports objects to.

I don't know whether Kuroko actually teleports a physical target by projected "contact", or "wraps" it within a spherical field in teleport; if there's a case of her teleporting several people or creatures at one time the spherical concept is likely and humane, since they wouldn't be teleporting in the exact space occupied by atmosphere molecules after "transport" (instantly lethal.) A sphere force "cocoon" would push out or "blow away" all those during creation. The "calculations" of transitioning several discrete objects at once would be staggering, especially on the fly. The "easier" spherical field concept would mean she could teleport anything wrapped within it, regardless its state of matter. (Don't know if there are accounts of her teleporting a fiery flame or smoke or gases -- that'd cinch the spherical field concept...) One cool ability I think she'd have is ripped from a Star Trek episode about a living cloud that eats blood iron and can't be killed by weapons because it can rapidly "de-synk" in and out of our dimensional continuum. Since Kuruko's powers are trans/interdimensional by nature, she might be capable of this -- IF she can "recycle" her powers fast enough, but she might be too mortal or immature to tackle this. If she could, she might be able to walk through a fire or explosion short a nuclear detention. It'd be cool if the academy studied exactly what's "within" this inter-dimensional teleport realm Kuroku flickers in and out of to get around!

Quote:
I do agree that her power is still more lethal than Mikoto's. If she was a psycho, she would be a fearsome menace.
I like this! Though some might contend that she really IS psycho .. But yes, it would be a bad day if she went rouge. If she were clever, she doesn't even have to "touch" Accelerator to do him in. It would probably best take some kind of kinetic mental power to stop her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingbreath:
I have to disagree here. If she was awesome she would have won the fight easily, she could win any fight easily. She had the drop on Awaki yet she didn't just teleport in front of her and hit her in the throat or something similar.
Again, I gotta catch up with the series about this Awaki, so I'm kind of "blind" saying this, but let's not forget to include skill and experience in toe-to-toe matches. WWII P-51 aces shot down litters of superior Nazi 262 jet fighters flown by callow pilots. I THINK Kuroku was skilled at teleporting since a child(?).

Quote:
jalvin_billster1091
Re: And thats where fan fiction comes into this .
I'm glad that some manga creators took tech hints and suggestions from fans, like for Chobits and Macross (happened all the time with old TV shows like $6MillMan) so maybe anime producers might dip the fan knowledge well to spice their stories some. Be fun to see these unanticipated fan-inspired side-powers pop up!
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote