View Single Post
Old 2008-06-16, 09:27   Link #53
Tadashi28

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I found that line kinda odd since "I think, therefore I am" was coined by the philospoher Descartes, I wonder if that was the exact translation of the raw. The "therefore I devour" seemed to make sense though

Interesting that both Tsubaki and her brother are weapons, where as Maka and her dad, one is a master, one is a weapon. Obviously Patty and Liz are both weapons but there case is alittle different from Tsubaki's.
The original Japanese is "Ware omou, yue ni ware ari." That's the "official" translation of the immortal truth; a quick google search will even tell you that ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste
Fey means supernatural, otherworldly, mysterious. Having looked up the kanji used in youto, it's actually a surprisingly accurate translation. Although it does sound kinda weird and makes me think of fairies when it probably shouldn't.
That's how I thought of it. The kanji itself does make you think of fairies, but it's used for other things like supernatural beasts (youkai). I didn't even know that's how they translated it in FF until my friend told me so after seeing the episode. ^^

Kinda like how I had no idea the official translation for 'shokunin' was "meister" until last night when I finally read Chapter 8b in the manga. I feel like a twit. I was wondering why I saw it everywhere on the internet -.-