View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 23:53   Link #4219
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I seriously believe that Manchester United should do what Bayern Munich did in the early 2000s when they stopped recruiting local prospects while aiming at several foreigners to make the backbone of their 2001 Champions League-winning squad (Sagnol, Lixarazu, Kuffour, Hargreaves, Andersson, Giovane, Salihamidzic, etc.). Whether people approve this way of doing or not, Bayern's signing of several foreigners forced the DFB to radically change the way to teach younger players in Germany. As a result, German football as a whole improved a hell lot to be what they are today.

So far, City, Arsenal and Chelsea stopped recruiting English players, but not much has changed in the FA system. However, if Manchester United (the big cheese of English football) comes out in the future and openly stops recruiting English players, it should be the alarm signal the FA needs to change their ways. I know what I propose here (stop recruiting English among top PL teams) will rub a few feathers among British members here and I'm sorry if it offends some, but I strongly believe that the only way to change things with England is for clubs to take such radical measures. It's about doing one bad thing with the purpose of bringing greater good further down the road.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-04-02 at 03:57.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote