View Single Post
Old 2008-08-02, 02:37   Link #1214
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
As someone put it ... that isn't a Muslim child... its a child being raised by Muslim parents. At some point in its life, it will (hopefully) make a conscious decision to either continue believing in the same sect as his parents, check out other sects, put Islam on hold and check out other ideas, etc. If the nature of local life is such that there's only time to seek shelter and food.... its unlikely that deeper questions get a lot of "brain cycles".
That hit close to home. I bounced back to Islam in the end, but before I went "soul searchin" I didn't even understand my own religion. For me it was an important time for me since, it made me grasp my own religion. Reading the Torah and the Bible as a muslim ain't even that bad. Eventhough we do believe the Torah and the Bible that bits a pieces of those books got changed it's interesting to see the similarities. Budism was the most interesting religion next to Islam for me, but I can't let go of Allah(swt). Why? Dunno just something I feel. O_o;;;
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote