View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 21:05   Link #33
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I do think that the more (in)famous PKers - The ones that PKed a lot of people and hence gained notoriety for themselves amongst other SAO gamers - May well become infamous in the real world. It's possible that the public may see such PKers the way we currently see people who go on shooting sprees in real life.

But the PKers who only PKed another player or two... I honestly think they'd escape public attention. And they may even escape the attention of the gamers who cleared the games (and by extension, the real world authorities).

Let's face it, there has to be lots of deaths in SAO that are largely unaccounted for and/or forgotten. People just dying while trying to level up, like what we saw in Episode 3. Unless there's some gamer who's made it his or her mission within the game to carefully chronicle all gamer deaths, not all of these deaths are going to be remembered that well by the gamers.
I think perhaps you're overestimating how much people care about what happens in the game? As far as the outside world is concerned, Kayaba basically "poisoned" all the players with his sinister machine, and now they're all in comas. Some of them die sometimes, and their families pray for their safety and/or yell at the government for letting it happen. The event "ended" as soon as it happened. The fact that the players are actually doing something other than lying in comas is irrelevant to 99% of the population. And whenever they die, it's considered Kayaba's fault for "poisoning" them.

This is just what the public perception would be. They can't see inside the game, and most likely no one who's even played the game in beta or whatever is left outside. So they have no way to imagine what it would be like. So they don't.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote