Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 11:43   Link #1041
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
On another topic. The Firefly and a Sherman A1 76mm are the "boss" tanks that Saunders are using. Wondering if a battle with those would be difficult. I think being a flag battle makes things easier. Unlike the practice match with the british where they need to take down every single tank (including the thick armored Churchill tank) - this time if Oorai could somehow take down the Firefly, then the other tanks don't need to be dealt with anymore.
The Saunders flag tank is the 76mm unit. It and the Firefly are extremely powerful tanks at long range. Where the regular Shermans might have to approach to closer ranges to knockout the StuG III from the front, they can do so at 1000m for the 76mm and at any range for the Firefly. The caveat is that combat at longer ranges hasn't really featured in this show. The StuG III in turn is the only major threat on the Ooarai's side unless the girls in the Lee can rise to the challenge.

If Saunders was playing smart, they'd use their regular Shermans to flush out the StuG III and have the Firefly sit at 1500m picking off all other opponents. The 76mm Sherman just has to sit in a safe location away from the combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ya know, I did address this by pointing out the availability of Japanese heavy weapons and superior logistics.
I know; I just trimmed the quote because it was long enough as is. My point is that whatever crappy rifle an infantryman is given doesn't really matter. In real combat, guns (as rifles or SMGs) don't kill people. Or at least they're not a significant threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
We know they represent the UN, duh!!!

- Tak
No way! The UN is a method of dialogue as much as anything. If Ooarai really was the UN, then they'd constantly be talking about protocol and voting on measures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Let hope Saunders won't bring this up when they lose
Kei doesn't seem to be a bad sport in the slightest. She's pretty darned cool.