View Single Post
Old 2010-03-14, 00:53   Link #26
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Well I perfer the ACOG, but yeah I can't see any point in the other MG once you have the M60. The new damage chart shows that at close or long range it does literally almost twice as much damage as some of the other guns.

I've been able to record while keeping my FPS around 30, which is limited by the recorder itself, I've tested it up to over 50. Then again I'm also not maxing the settings and such and I'm playing at a fairly moderate resolution.

Example on a side note the VSS is awesome beyond reason.

It’s not quite that simple.

Rockets like bullets have slightly variable damage, not much, but it’s enough that whether a vehicle dies in two or three flank hits is about chance. (This variance is quite low though, if the thing survives it will have so little HP that grenade launcher rounds will finish it off.)

That said the rockets are not all the same it’s about like this from what I can tell:
RPG: Balanced between splash and AT, kills in two or three side hits
M2: Seems to have more splash, good for blowing up buildings and shooting at troops, weaker AT damage (always three hits to the side, five to the front!)
AT4: Weakest splash, but highest AT damage always kills in two side hits and is guided.

This is before perks though if the guy has extra armor than he effectively has 25% more HP and so you need three side hits period. (This is a big difference and makes the extra armor perk very attractive). If you take the explosive damage upgrade though it's neutralized and if the guy doesn't have extra armor it assures a two hit kill with flank shots. (Attractive in that it more or less eliminates the chance he could slink away with critical damage)

I've also heard that shooting form above at a steep enough angle is supposed to apply a bonus to damage, but frankly I haven't seen it very often. Keep in mind that when I say flank I mean sides and rear, if the guy turns his turret toward you and you shot that, that's actually a "front" hit and will do allot less damage. I can't say if RPGs loose damage with range like other weapons, I have a feeling they don't, but I can't be sure.
I'm pretty nasty when it comes to rockets and leading, I usually play with rpg7 or M2 since they are faster and heat seeking isn't all that important to me since my aim is good, I also use double rockets as I have only maxed out sniper and vehicles but I will be getting explosive expert when I unlock it, for the most part it's just frustrating that flank shots don't do much more damage, and generally people in tanks are too confident they just sit there trying to gun you but for the most part i'm never afraid of tanks as long as i'm recon or engineer due to the explosive power. It's sad that medic and assualt litteraly have no way to deal with vehicles which atleast for assualt takes away from the classes mystique.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote