View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 23:08   Link #90
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I'll be frank . I donno who it was (I think it was Archon Wing) who started this whole "Okada = troll/man-hating" craze, but on other communities like ANN and MAL, hardly anyone mentioned Mari Okada. And the few people outside of AS that do talk about her tend to criticize her melodrama due to Anohana and Black Rock Shooter. True Tears? They all go "what is that". Toradora? Oh that JC Staff anime. That's the reaction I tend to see anyway.
I never started the troll thing. She was trolling since True Trolls (I mean Tears). Although I did mention the crossdressing thing a lot. The whole man-hating thing was more Hana Saku Iroha specific, but since you already have Yuki Kaji as a love intrest in there, it kinda writes itself. Also, I guess failure male characters are common in anime anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
For melodramas... well, imagine Ano Hana, replace high school characters with characters in their late 10s or early 20s (sometimes even 30s), remove Menma since she is more or less an "otaku-bait" character and double the amount of scenes where someone is crying on screen and introduce a hospital premise, someone getting hit by a car, and/or someone being diagnosed with a terminal illness. Evil stepmothers are a bonus trope too. But in general, no "buffooning" here. Instead maximize the melodrama cheese. Example here!

Yes, I'm generalizing here, so don't take me 100% seriously .
Grats, you've summarized Key Visual Arts for us. But everyone says Okada would fit in well since AnoHana.

Quote:
Also when Orine was bursting in tears from happiness whilst crying out "My very first hater"!. Not sure if that was supposed to be intentionally melodramatic but I took it the completely wrong way and started laughing at it
She obviously reads internet forums and searches for fanclubs of her. And probably this thread. Nah, it would take a pretty egotistical douchebag to search for yourself. Wait..,

Quote:
Anyways, one thing is for sure for Okada as of late. Her crazy, lulsy, wtf series appear to be the norm these days, when it wasn't the case even about a year or so ago. That's why I personally think she's on "troll/egoflated" mode as of late. Her last "legit good" series that was intended to be "legit good" was Ano Hana, which I already had a few problems with. Hanasaku Iroha came out pretty solid, but I have a feeling Okada intended that to be more "crazy" if it wasn't for some editing by Ando.
Well, to be fair, BRS simply isn't gonna be good regardless of who writes it because there was just too little to go with. And I haven't seen AKB, but it's an uphill struggle you know.

On the other hand, she's been able to make lemonade out of lemons. Does anyone know what the True Tears VN is about? Neither do I.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote