View Single Post
Old 2006-01-24, 07:27   Link #265
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion
Wouldn't that be some kind of pseudo political correct thinking, serving certain conservative groups?

"He's not really a girl, so they can't blame us for showing homosexual (/lesbian) stuff."
Anyway, I don't see anything really new here. If not maybe that here we have an excuse to use yuri, instead of a way to justify incest.

Is this matter by any chance different to the various twists between big brother and little sister - that someway aren't really brother and sister or actually blood related - , in a bunch of other anime?
On that branch, afaik just Koi Kaze (and that other 60 mins ova with that very long japanese title) dealt the theme without excapades of sort.

I agree that it can be pseudo political correct thinking, I'm just adding that there isn't much to be surprised of and imho it should just be taken easy.

Regarding me, as long it is fictional and the anime is enjoyable, it doesn't bother me at all.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imion
Did you see that bright and happy look on Yasunas face when she saw the naked girl Hazumo? Probably she just turned him down because he was male that time...
By the way, there was a specific reason for that Yasuna's reaction, which is explained further in the manga, and not yet in the anime. I guess this will be explained in the anime as well, but anyway, don't read if you don't want to know.

Spoiler for little manga revelation:

Last edited by Pellissier; 2006-01-24 at 07:54.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote