View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 09:12   Link #319
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
To be fair, maybe I should read some of the later books. I have been holding off reading them since I prefer to watch the animated form, etc...
I agree. While I've been critical of many of the gimmicks and games that KyoAni likes to play with this franchise, there's no question that when they actually get serious and simply try to do the best job possible in adapting the source material, they're fantastic at it. I genuinely consider animated Sigh superior to the novel source material (an incredible accomplishment), and I've read that many people feel the same way about Day of Sagittarius.

This is precisely why I was hesitant, until recently, to read further into the source material. However...

Quote:

but judging by how long it's taken Kyoto to animate them... I might end up watching it with my grandchildren
Yyyeah... this is a lot of my thinking too. I'm thinking that it'll probably be 2011 at the earliest before we get anything post-Disappearance, so might as well read it now rather than waiting two years or more for it. By the time it is animated, I might have forgotten a lot of what I read anyway.

So, I would recommend reading further into the novels, when you get the time to do so.