View Single Post
Old 2011-04-26, 19:20   Link #1043
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Refused.

Should I give you one it would be from a book, not from the ass of the internet, and frankly I don’t see a reason to go though the trouble and prove it you; considering even if I should give one to you, chances are you can’t check it.
If you want to claim 90% of comedy is exaggeration, then you better have at least one person who agrees with you. One source that's already echoed your thoughts. I'll even take someone else from this forum, from the "ass of the Internet" as long as you can show you haven't just fabricated something out of thin air.

Quote:
I’ll just say it again, most comedy is just normal plot/story/scene/etc exaggerated, that doesn’t mean the characters have to act stupid or unnatural or the moon has to fall from the sky; but they could. The element being exaggerated can be something almost unnoticeable at first. To put it in negative form, it’s very very hard to have humor with normal characters, doing normal routines/things, in an normal environment, talking perfectly normal, having a normal/usual conversation, etc (but sometimes it happens).
So exactly what do you believe is exaggerated in Hanasaku Iroha? Minko's rudeness? Nako's shyness? The large, unfriendly crane flying into Ohana's way?

Of course, they're all normal things. I might find cranes flying into my way funny - where I'm from, birds usually avoid humans. But it might be normal for cranes to be confrontational in Tokyo. Therefore, you can't really speak of a single normality. What's normal here might be abnormal there. You might think the writers are exaggerating Minko's personality for some laughs, but it's how Minko naturally feels toward people.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote