View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 12:57   Link #14
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This thread over at ANN has some good suggestions for shows on Crunchyroll. I'd add Chihayafuru to those lists, but less because of the quality of animation than the quality of the story.

As for Dennou Coil, there are a few people still seeding the Ureshii fansub here. The links on the AS page for Coil died when the Scarywater tracker site was discontinued a couple years back. GHDpro hosted a back up of Scarywater here for a while, but the Dennou Coil entries all point to the dead tracker. There is also a Coalgirls fansub based on the Japanese BD releases and the Ureshii scripts, but I can't point you to that site since the tracker hosts licensed content.

One other show I'll recommend for its production quality is Ghost Hound. It combines both beautiful graphics and a remarkable soundtrack. Ghost Hound is by Shirow Masamune of Ghost in the Shell fame. He also directed another show for Production I.G called Real Drive that has excellent animation quality.

In general I'd suggest looking into shows from Production I.G and Madhouse if you're looking for high-quality animation. Brains-Base and Satelight are two other excellent studios.

If you're looking for stunning artwork, there's no better choice than "Bakeneko," the third installment of Ayakashi Samurai Horror Tales, and its unlicensed sequel Mononoke.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-08-13 at 13:28.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote