View Single Post
Old 2010-11-20, 09:10   Link #33
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
In the traditional adaptations, it is necessary to tone down the other heroines in order to make the Chosen One shine. In an omnibus format, that should not have been necessary. If you have another theory of why they would give a heroine less than the best ending, I will give it all due consideration.
If you ask me, it's been a highly questionable decision (I don't know the "true ending"). I wasn't too fond of Rihoko's character since episode 1, but denying her the romantic closure while giving it to all other girls feels very tasteless. But I really fail to see any connection to Ayatsuji.

Quote:
As for Yosuga no Sora, I don't have a problem with the omnibus format. I am all for that. I have a problem with throwing in random ecchi sketches in a dramatic romance story, much as I would have a problem with randomly drawing moustache on Mona Lisa.
*shakes head*

Maybe it's because you haven't been following Yosuga for more than the bare introduction, but Yosuga isn't the usual light romance drama. The ecchi part is fairly central for more than one arc, and I suspect it will play an even bigger role in the final main arc. Naturally, it's up to the viewer to like the more explicit nature of these scenes or not, but I feel that it would alter the story to remove/censor/kiddify them.