View Single Post
Old 2013-04-15, 19:05   Link #55
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post

I would argue live simulator game like Sims, Nintendog and cooking mama is created for female
I'd say those games are gender neutral and are aimed specifically at non-gamers. I think the movie equivalent of those games would be something like the Pixar Movies.

A game that targets the female audience specifically would be those otome type dating games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce_Steele View Post

Here's my ideal game may look like: You play as four girls stranded on uncharted island(either tropical or temperate). Each characters have unique personality to each other such as a tomboy, a snotty rich girl, a crafty girl and very feminine girl who good at cooking. The tomboy one is the bravest and able to explore the parts of the island which other girls can't reach(she's the one who wear pants while others wear skirts) and able to chase away wolves and feral dogs(the only closest thing to combat in that game). The snotty one have expendable supplies which the crafty one can exploit and also the smartest one which can tell which plants are edible or poisonous. The crafty one can made anything which other girls brought to her like building a hut or mosquito net for examples. The feminine one is an expert cook and can cook anything as long as the tomboy one brought for her and the snotty one tell her it safe to eat. All of them need to develop 'trust meter' among each other and please it is nothing to do with yuri undertones(while most male gamers would love that idea). While doesn't sound like it going to be a good game but at least you play as "girls", which I don't think it exists outside doujin gaming.
That actually sounds kind of interesting, but I can already see how a lot of male gamers would be turned off by it. It also doesn't seem to have a lot of casual appeal so it'd be a hard sell based on current market data.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote