View Single Post
Old 2006-02-14, 18:14   Link #6
BakajinSama
Patron of the Bewildered

Send a message via AIM to BakajinSama
Unhappy H.264, why doth thou not love me?!

While I hate to make an introductory post in any forum with a problem, frustration is a remarkably horrid bedfellow, and I'd like to break up with him now.

Here's the gyst of my vaguely OT problem:

I've downloaded the latest three ep's of Kamichu! from Chuchuchuu recently (namely ep's 6-8), of course discovering, among other things, this new format. I've been unable to play these files for weeks! I did some minor additions to my codecs previously, but today I decided to look up real solutions and followed the Media Configuration Guide first to step 6, then added the WMV9VCM and Haali's Matroska Splitter from the Playback Help Guide. Thus, roughly (unless I'm confused, which is very likely) my codecs should be as follows:

-ffdshow-alpha
-OggDS 0.9.9.5
-CoreVorbis 1.0
-VSFilter 2.32
-3ivx D4 4.5
-CoreAAC 1.0b9
-AC3Filter 0.70b (subsequently removed due to various reccomendations)
-Matroska Splitter 1.0.2.1
-Haali's Matroska Splitter
-WMV9VCM

I also have TCMP in addition to WMP 10. Neither works. After all those codecs, my computer recognizes the audio of the files only (which seems to sound fine) but plays no video. I'm at my wit's end, and even that looks like moldy cheese! Help!

I appreciate any and all commentary, including those that might call me an idiot for posting here, as I knew nowhere else to post this problem. I can start a new topic if necessary, but I thought I'd try it out here first and see if I catch any help. I remain your most humble and confused Patron of the Bewildered.