View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 07:58   Link #1690
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
This is just within my perspective but looking at how ISML is, the international anime community aren't big Saki fans. It's already shown since Saimoe 2007 that foreigners really affect the results of matches. Nagi would've won Saimoe 2007 if the foreigners didn't vote. Mikoto would've reached quarterfinals in 2010 if no foreigners voted in her match with Azunyan. This is exactly the reason why ip bans are strict. The 2ch peeps think that we, the gaijins, ruin their moe tournaments (though they're really ruining themselves atm or at least the way I see it).
Quite frankly, a few rotten apples did spoiled the bunch there. "Gaijin" affect result, what about "gaijin" throwing in fake votes, repeated votes, etc.? (using 2ch excuses, of course...)

And IP ban not just affect gaijin anyway, a bunch of Japanese IP got ban also, sometimes for no reason...

P.S. The funny thing is, I use an US IP and is able to vote + get code most of the time (Not every single time, but a 75% success rate). Was in HK few weeks ago and was able to get a code there with 0 problem either.