View Single Post
Old 2009-12-08, 07:06   Link #1682
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Mage View Post
I dunno where you saw his butt getting kicked, he beat a very powerful mercenary, almost took on the whole Kohuin family to save Murasaki and he did take them on and won. took on whole gangs and recently beat a whole group to save Ginko. I think you havent read Kure-Nai for a very long time. Its an insult to compare Shinkoru with the likes of Zen, or Takeru.
I'm not the only one saying it, though. There's a lot of other people who also see him as weak. True, he can beat up your average guy, but he usually gets pretty hurt himself (like the first guy he fights in the manga).

He only beat the mercenary when he used his horn (got owned before that) and in the latest chapter, got owned even with the horn out in just a few moves. So much for a hidden power that does nothing to actually help him.

Now, I like the character (unlike Takeru who I can't stand), but he doesn't really come off as strong to me when he even gets beat up by average thugs. As for the Kohuin family, the first time he got beat up and the second time, all the hard work of fighting the entire family was done by Benita and Lin. He just took on the last guy.

Though someone over on mangafox did make a good point about how Yuuno is basically holding him back from getting stronger-- not allowing him to fight strong people, not letting him use the horn (then why give it to him in the first place?), etc. Hard to grow when all the women in your life are tying you down.

But, now we're off topic. We really should get back to discussing MB in this thread. Didn't mean to derail the thread with a passing comment.

@Amegashita: True, I can understand people being disappointed and everything. However, even when the manga does something good, people still bash it and say "it's not enough". I'm just saying that credit should be given where credit is due and, though I know a lot of people are upset that it's not the romantic/comedy they wanted, the story is coming together more at least and things are still pointing in Zen's direction, even if he's still somewhat in the background. I do think that it's a mistake to develop him so slowly like Nishio's doing, though. People will eventually get bored of it.