View Single Post
Old 2014-06-12, 14:03   Link #2012
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If we're supposed to think that way Madoka would have rejected the question all together. But she didn't. She replied clearly. For her duty comes first, and this answer still has duty and desire as opposites.
Not really? Like, that's not how Madoka, or like, conversations work.

1) Homura poses a loaded scenario; she presents her grief as a dream and doesn't give Madoka the full context. Whether Homura knows it or not, she gears Madoka towards a specific answer because the scenario doesn't include WHY she would leave, or how necessary it would be to protect her friends and family.

Or that she'd always be with them. And that no one would miss her except Homura, and even then only temporarily.

2) Homura poses a loaded question in the hallway, giving her the option of 'which is more important; the laws of the world, or personal desires?' Of course Madoka would say the former. Almost anyone would. You can't just go running around breaking the law just because you want to, and anyone who isn't a complete nutcase would say so. Homura specifically painted the option SHE'D take as the irresponsible, 'evil' one.

Hell, this is a Madoka who doesn't know about magic. She might not even understand that Homura isn't talking about, like, stealing things, or something.

Quote:
After re-watching the movie, three completely new questions came to mind for me:

1. Are Incubators still recruiting more magical girls? Or has Homura stopped further recruitment, while sort of grandfathering in Sayaka, Mami, Kyouko, etc...?

2. If Incubators are still recruiting, is Madoka actually able to make another wish now? I mean, now that she's been turned into a normal girl again, would Kyubey consider her as never having been a magical girl in the first place, and hence able to become that all over again?

3. With 2 in mind, was Kyubey mind-wiped like Madoka and Sayaka were?
I feel like Homura probably left Kyubey's memory intact for the sake of torturing him as much as possible (the implication seems strong that he's now a slave that she has fun abusing), and since this is an actual world with history and not just an incoherent dream, people will probably atleast remember contracting with him even if he doesn't actually do so anymore.

And unless Homura has a way of permanently stopping the Wraiths, he should still be recruiting. That said, I don't think Madoka is a viable target simply because Homura's in control and can pretty much make Kyubey leave her alone now. "She's off limits. Go near her, die. Talk to her, die. Let her become aware that magic exists and you will wish I had simply killed you."

That being said, Madoka could PROBABLY make another wish, if the opportunity was set for it.