Thread: Licensed Chihayafuru [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 17:23   Link #59
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeesid View Post
Chihayafuru chapter 27 is released. I was confused about what is a Long Shot card but I thought its a card which is far from the player. Correct me if I am wrong
A long shot card is one where the first 5(?) syllables are the same as another card - i.e. the players have to wait until the 6th syllable before they can take it. Arata explains this in the 2nd episode of the anime, I think it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
In Arata's case though, his tuition would at least be waived so he'll only need to worry about living expense which shouldn't to too big of an issue with some part-time.
Well...if the bahaviour of Arata's parents in the 86th chapter is anything to go by, his tuition probably won't be waived. The anime translated the term 「推薦」 incorrectly - the winner and runner up to the HS karuta competition don't get a scholarship, just a recommendation to a college/uni of their choice, provided that school offers places by recommendation - typically, it's private colleges/unis that offer them. Arata's parents are
Spoiler for chapter 86:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote