View Single Post
Old 2004-06-19, 20:07   Link #10
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Okay I now need some advice. I'm on my last board(Before I get the special board with Eri,Mizuho and Yui.)and I'm playing with the Nonomura board I managed to beat the first two guys and I won once but I usually have to pray really really hard that I win. Since I rarely perform a move now and even if I do it doesn't cause enough damage.And my opponents are really really quick with their Reaches and thats where I always go "Please get him/her." over and over. And it looks like my old strategy of geting enough Pons until I'm down to two tiles and hoping someone drops the tile I need to do a move isn't working too well. And I heard doing Chi's don't really help all that much. Does anyone have any advice? And does your tiles change after each round or do you have the same tiles in every round? (And if they do change does your old set of tiles go to a other player?)And what does being an Oya do and how do you get a reach anyway?
well, for the harder opponenets, the Pon Pon Hu (using pons to win) strategy doesn't do well. and you need one special point for each "chi" you do else you can't win. it's better to win some special big wins rather than drag on with small wins. So aim for the big wins, like winning without pons or chi, or create some special tiles like "7 couples" etc. etc. to win big points each time.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote