View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 17:53   Link #831
Destined_Fate

Mako doesn't see Korra in a platonic way, he already admitted that he's attracted to her and enjoyed their kiss. However he was already with Asami so that really makes things complicated for him since both are pretty nice girls. He feels loyalty to Asami because he's already dating her but he hasn't been the best at fighting off how he feels about Korra so yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Agreed. Korra is a wonderfully interesting character. She has displayed some real emotions and qualities that Aang never really achieved (at least not early on); her fears, her hates, her impatience, her desires have all been quite fun to watch and experience. And while I find her romantic storyline to be very ill-paced, her actual character development has been quite good and always interesting.

In fact, the only characters that I have any problems with are the Brothers, and that's more because they lack any real personality beyond their interaction with Korra (and Asami). Who is Mako beyond his crush on Korra and his relationship with Asami? Who is Bolin besides his humour?

But, besides the brothers, I feel the other characters have been fleshed out in interesting and fun ways, and the story, which is decidedly darker than much of the original series, is quite exciting and generally very good.
Well, they had something when they were still in the ring but with that out of the way... There isn't much for them other than their interactions with Korra and working as a part of Team Avatar.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote