Thread: Licensed Dear Boys
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-11, 03:39   Link #4
Tboz

Was the animation ever good? Hell no...

They definitely need to improve. The characters are sometimes drawn so out of proportion that it makes me wonder is it a 10 year old who's doing the work. Sometimes, the characters seem like they don't have their feet on the ground, they were like floating 10cm above it but with the leg movements as if they were walking. (get the picture?)...

Similarly the basketball moves are not drawn like anything real, the hand bouncing the ball action are lifeless and doesn't seems to be able to control the ball. The dribbling footwork is almost non-existences. It leads me to think that the production team don't play basketball as all.

And what's with the whole row of spectators all siting upright in the same posture like some statue (think the Mizuho girls team). Where are all the the cheering and the angry fans shaking their fists. Minimum they can do is at least draw something like Hajime no Ippo's spectators, they will seem so alive and really enjoying the game.

Animation close to the quality of the OP will be nice enuff. With little budget or no budget, they seriously need to do something. I really wonder how I managed to endure to the very last episode of the season. It could only be the story, nothing else...
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote