View Single Post
Old 2009-01-30, 09:16   Link #76
Kristen
*Author

I kind of feel like the rating of "1" needs a different name. Because this episode was painful, but it's not like it was a bad painful, it was a good painful.

At first I didn't like the New Year's scene with Kyou, Ryou, Kotomi, and Sunohara, feeling that it might ruin some parts of the story. But, Kyoani just did that scene so well, I can't complain. And they left before the birth, so it was just that much better.

I was a bit surprised in their choice of Umarekawatta Atarashii Seimei for the death scene, but you know, it fit really well. I was expecting something vocal sung in the background, but I suppose this worked.

The death scene was also pretty surprising. They went SHAFT on us! Then again, I guess you can assume that there was no other way to properly do that scene. Really have to isolate the new family, even if it was just for a couple of minutes.

The post-death scene seemed like a potential botch, but I realized what they are doing, which drags into spoilers, so I won't touch it.

ED was exactly as was said before. Twisting the knife in the wound. Though I really wish they did not do that and spend the extra money required to make a new ED.

9/10. Kyoani messed up on a lot of this episode, but the plot is just too strong to downrate it by much.