View Single Post
Old 2014-11-18, 19:32   Link #31
bunny_lover

One of the longest ending I've read from start to finish, 72 volumes and 700 chapters in total. To be honest, I actually first got to know Naruto through its anime, almost 10 years ago (grade 4-5, now in university 3rd year). I think I've started the manga maybe 2-3 years later. It had been one of the only manga that I followed for some time before I read more diversely in the medium.

Well I don't really want to pass judgement since I feel like there is no point to rate things that attach strong nostalgic childhood values to them. I'll just mention the sales figure for naruto manga. According to Wikipedia, it is the 3rd best-selling manga in the world, after one piece and dragon ball, 205 million copies in total around the world. Now assume each copy sell for 420 yen. 205 million x 420 yen = 86,100,000,000 yen, equivalent of $735 million USD.

That's just fucking crazy. I think we should all respect this manga that generated so much revenue around the world just through sale of manga. Critical reviews can come later.
bunny_lover is offline   Reply With Quote