View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 12:22   Link #17
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Phantasy Star Online 2 Media Briefing to be held on July 26th -- Streamed on Nico Nico Douga

Seems like SEGA will finally unveil some new things about the game today/tomorrow, depending on your timezone. We've had a bunch of screenshots ever since the announcement, many showing the clasic different classes that hailed from PSO, and I guess I overall like what I see. The gameplay style feels to me like a mix of good ol' PSO and PSP, which is not a bad thing and should make up for something more entertaining than PSU was, at least.

Bunch of pictures that were shown so far, all spoilered for size issues.

Spoiler:

The character art is pretty cool, and although some people dislike the block-y RAcast, I think it fits well with... well, what it is. It's a big robot thing, and it wasn't particularly aerodynamic on the first iteration of PSO either. The game looks somewhat dated compared to most recent things, but the artstyle itself is appealing. SEGA has said they don't want to make something that will keep people without very powerful machines out of the fun, and arguably for a game like PSO graphics aren't exactly the most important aspect. Market is flooded with online games, people will pick what they like best, and at least personally spaking, few games can offer the same fun that PSO does even to this very day.

On that note, let's see if tomorrow will bring us more news. I'm hoping for a good look at the FOnewearl, because that was always my favourite class.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-07-25 at 13:26.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote