View Single Post
Old 2006-07-04, 21:37   Link #808
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
There's plenty of other stuff to enjoy for me. See how well certain players I have an eye on play, or how well is the overall ability of the team. Did the coach do a good job with his tactics? Are there good goal chances? Any nice tricks some more proficient player is showing off? Is it maybe a hard battle with lots of drama? Do I wittness a new star in the making or some overblown wannabe legend crumble under the pressure? What is at stakes? Maybe a hard defended draw will throw another contender out of the race (e.g. qualifying matches)? Of course, goals are the icing of the cake and one of the great payoffs when you're rooting for someone or see an exceptional goal, but I can honestly say that among the most enjoyable games I've seen, there are also ones that ended 0:0.
I guess we're different in that sense.
I was never a big sports fan and I only watch the world cup every 4 years so I suppose my enjoyment of the game is a more...simplified one. I can see you're more into it more than I am so that's why I like goals or something like a nice pass/fancy footwork.