View Single Post
Old 2012-11-23, 21:55   Link #52
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Akane is definitely interested in Kogami. Now please note I don't necessarily mean in a romantic sense (and if she is I can't see it end in anyway except for badly).

But I do think she is intrigued & drawn to him. As she (or maybe it was her friends) said he was a lot like her before his Psycho Pass went up because of the murder of his subordinate. I am not sure if that was a premonition or not.

Akane might not follow the same path as Kogami but I do think his quest to catch Makishima will probably draw her in as well. She might ultimately help him and they might catch Makishima. Or perhaps both Kogami and Akane will become more consumed.

Hence I don't really see Akane phased by nothing. She has a level head on her shoulders that's for sure but I still feel Akane will somehow become intertwined in this Makishima/Kogami thing to a dangerous degree (in fact even the opening imagery makes me think that).

I hope that Akane has a good end though, just because she is a smart & intelligent woman and we need more of those as protagonists in anime. I don't mind if she falters along the way though.

I agree with you on Akane definitely being interested in Kougami. And I think it's mostly a mix of professionalism and Akane's basic empathy. In other words, I think there's a light touch of romance to it (I think that Akane finds Kougami physically attractive and also finds his overall personality arousing in some ways), but that's not the main factor in Akane's interest in Kougami. At least not yet.

I think that what Akane finds perplexing and interesting about Kougami is how he's so very different from her in some ways, and yet remarkably similar to her in other ways. Akane sees a lot of herself in Kougami in spite of their obvious differences, and I think that both scares and fascinates her a little.

As for my take on where I think Akane will go overall...

Spoiler for Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero comparisons: