View Single Post
Old 2011-05-23, 21:26   Link #93
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Loving this episode. There was absolutely no wasted motion, and I couldn't believe it was already over when the ED started playing. Ohana's little delusion spot near the beginning stands out because it got in all the cuteness that the characters are so good for without it interfering with the epic customer service as various characters try to fill in for the manager. Of course Ohana will not be denied. She is here to chew bubblegum, and serve dinner, and she's all out of bubblegum.

Aside from enjoying the power struggle in Sui's absence, I noticed as most of you did that Ohana is chasing after Tohru for the second time now. Even if it's just to drag him back to work the kitchen, they really are teasing them as a pair. Just as Ko is about to arrive, no less.

Naru's braids are adorable. Tohru looks spiffy in a suit. And was it just me, or did they put a LOT of work and detail into the city that Ohana literally races through in a few short seconds? This show is not fooling around with the animation.

Also, Jiromaru getting everyone riled up over mystery guests = 0% chance of there being any mystery guests.