View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 05:22   Link #263
Akka

Rather underwhelmed by the ending, as lots of people are.
I share the common opinion that the first two third/three fourth of the show were fantastic, but after the "revelation" the focus switched from "society at large" to "Ko vs Maki" and lost a lot of steam.

Above all, I'm rather disappointed in Akane. She was supposed to become tougher, I saw her simply being extremely weak. But then, maybe it was the point ?
Sybil talk about how Akane value the stability the system brings despite hating it. From what I gather about her memories we saw when she was thinking, it seems that even above all, Akane is afraid. Not afraid of criminal (she's physically courageous), but afraid of uncertainty in life.
She knows the secret, but she does nothing. She hates Sybil, and she claims to want it down, but she wait for someone else to do the dirty work - despite being more than willing to do the dirty work herself when it comes to dealing with criminal.

So yeah, my opinion is that she's just a coward. She wants stability more for herself than for society as a whole - and, in this manner, she condemn others to be crushed because she can't take a hard decision, just like when Maki killed Yuki because she couldn't take upon herself to stop him.