View Single Post
Old 2011-02-21, 03:19   Link #330
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowfan05 View Post
so March 12, 2011 (new ep.) and December 3, 2011 (movie) ???
The new episode is still part of season 2 and is DVD/Blu-Ray only.

We'll get new manga chapters in April, the movie by the end of the year and beyond that, anything is possible.

I myself hope that KyoAni doesn't push this too far, because I fear that stuff will get old really fast if we keep on seeing the same old stuff, only in college.

In order for this series to maintain its novelty, what Kakifly should do is have the girls actively focus on their musical career together. They went to the same Uni together, because I got the impression that they had become very good friends and wished to continue to be a band (with or without Azusa). Heck, we see a few other characters (Ui and Jun) follow a similar road, so ending it all with graduation would, IMO, be a huge waste of potential.

If KyoAni wants to make a third season, they'll have to give Kakifly the time to develop his story (and the characters) into something new and refreshing. For example, do we really need another season with Ritsu bullying Mio in every possible way and Mio crawling into her little corner of despair again? Do we really need to see these girls get even more wasted with tea and sweets and accomplish practically nothing in the end? I think that routine would become old very fast and as much as I loved seeing that in the first two seasons, even I would like to see the story go beyond the standard and prove to all those heavy cynics/haters that this series IS worth milking for every last drop.

Anyway, the movie will be going deeper into parts of the original timeline, so at the very least, I hope they can pull this off well, especially since there's not much source material to go with.