View Single Post
Old 2011-11-26, 22:36   Link #59
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Pretty uneventful episode, but it was a very good one for character development and the dialogue was excellent.

It was great to see some additional focus and background detail put on Lancer, as well as on Sola and Kayneth. I liked the comparisons drawn between Sola and Lancer's love from his past life. On the topic of Kayneth, I agree with Endless Twilight. Kayneth is very smug and prideful, but I don't think he's a total bad guy, or anything like that. He's a good antagonist because of his overall attitude and relatively hammy personality, but I wouldn't call him evil. Hence, I did feel some sympathy for him here. Him losing his magic ability has to be awfully devastating to him. I would imagine it's comparable to a great and proud musician losing his ability to produce music.

Rider/Waver weren't quite as comedic this episode as they had been all along, but it was good to see Waver be truly useful for a change, and the overall dynamic between the two is as good as ever.

Not much to say about the other scenes as they seemed perfunctory to me.

One thing I'm starting to wonder about is where is Kariya during this episode and the past few? Kind of odd that the Kariya/Berserker pair is the only one to be totally absent since the first big showdown between multiple Servants a few episodes back. If anybody should be racing against the clock given his personal circumstances, I'd think it would be Kariya, but he seems to be entirely laying low the last few episodes.

Still, a very good and solid watch.

8/10 for Episode 9.