View Single Post
Old 2006-11-06, 22:36   Link #18
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Okay, I think there has been enough forewarning in the earlier posts. No more spoiler tags from me from here on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If that happens, could you imagine all the Ayu and Nayuki fans storming the place? Oh, the carnage.

But npal, she was never dead from the beginning of ep. 1.

Or we could have the "Air" ending. Everyone dies and Nayuki sends him off on the train. Yuuichi holding the good luck charm saying, "I'll always be with her..."
Oh, but she CAN die. The only reason why the little chibi keeps on ticking is because of her promise to wait for Yuuichi( years and years of waiting). Once that promise is fulfilled, she can either choose to use up her last promise to stay alive( and let the other girls/ladies croak), or sacrifice herself to save another( can we say Akiko?).

I always felt that Toei's version of Ayu's ending was too happy. Kanon's story has a huge potential to be an emotional carnage. Every main character, with the sole exception of Nayuki( because Akiko took the fall for her), has the potential to die in this story.

As I said in an earlier post made by me on another thread, I personally think it would be beautiful if after Ayu's awakening, Ayu chooses to use up her last promise to save someone and finally departs from the mortal world after clinging to her promise with Yuuichi for seven years.

That way, it will not cheapen her 'first' disappearance/death scene. In my opinion of course.

Cheers.