Thread: Request Last Known As
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-01, 04:20   Link #1
Haiprbim
Banned

Last Known As

Hello.

I'll try to keep this suggestion short and sweet, so you'll be able to get back to watching your favorite anime series.

What I'd like to suggest are two small notifications - Last Knows As.
They would be seen when a thread's title, as well as a member's name would be changed.

So basically, when a thread's or member's name would be changed, there would be a small icon next to it and when going on it with your mouse, the previous name would be shown/displayed.

For the threads, this icon could be on the far right side of that thread's box when surfing a specific forum section.
For members, this icon could be accessible through that members Profile page.

Personally, I think this would be more useful for members than threads and it was the main reason for me to create this suggestion, but since besides the member's name only the thread's name can be changed as well, why not include that there too?
And yes, I've seen quite a few cases of members forgetting their previous name and others wanting to know it at that time, one of them being myself (Not proud of it ).

Now, as for the execution of this update itself, I do not think it would be hard to be performed. There are some plugins out there already, I think I could even dig them up if you would want.

Notice: This would, of course, be something optional. Every member could pick whether he/she wants their previous name displayed or not.

So, that would be it.
Thoughts?

Last edited by Haiprbim; 2013-05-02 at 09:48.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote