View Single Post
Old 2007-02-13, 07:54   Link #39
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn View Post
This might be a stupid or childish question, but after watching this AMV( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Gvr5uvOBI ) I started thinking about something.

Have you guys ever felt so attached to an anime or liked it's universe so much that you almost wish that you could live in it? In a way... ?

I kinda have... While watching Naruto. Yeah I know it's really silly, but then again is it really that strange? Who don't want to be a ninja, and not having to worry about all the trivial stuff of our normal boring lives?

Anime in general is just so cool, and to me it leaves so much more to the imagination. I don't watch Lost, Prison Break, 24 or Heroes or some real television shows and think, "wow I wish I could live in that universe", but I kinda do that with some of the anime I like.

Am I a freak?
To be honest, I have wanted to be part of the Mai HiME universe. It became a bit disturbing later, because I remember getting recurring dreams of being Shizuru's clerk (you know, 2nd in command to her in her Father's company) in the Mai HiME universe, at a time when I was studying very hard for major examinations (I was really screwed up during that time, at times everything around me was a haze). Thus, to me, such wants to be in an anime world is a form of escapism. At other times, generally, whenever there is a character I like and want to protect or comfort, I too wish that I could be in their world doing so. Ultimately it underscores the powerful influence of anime, or for that matter, media in general. I guess it just so happens that Anime can be so much more deeper and relatable to than other forms. It also shows that spending too much time alone in your room staring at a monitor with fictional characters in imaginary worlds screws with your emotions and priorities.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote