View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 13:32   Link #1701
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
Focus on only leveling 2-5 characters. In the later chapters of my first playthrough on hard, I literally only used two characters: Wil and Yuela. I didn't use the other characters because they would die instantaneously. Wil has a lot of HP so he can tank a lot of damage. Make sure to get Prevail III from Yuela's Flare Hunter Armor as soon as possible. Rely on Yuela and her Prevail III to deal damage; at least, that was how I beat my first playthrough.
Okay well my main problem right now is I'm trying to scale the church for example and so I go in, I'm doing well for a while and then I just get bogged down at choke points where I'm stuck wailing on the diamond shaped enemies for several turns while others are respawning behind it. I can't deal magical damage to it so I'm forced to rely on Yuela, but I can't really make much progress either with just one character. It's just really frustrating how hard it is to deal solid damage to many enemies with anyone other than Yuela and how hard it is to try and make progress before another enemy spawns and blocks my path. I thought I could try grinding a bit, but the enemies seem to be keeping up with my levels so I'm really having a hard time figuring out how I'm supposed to make this any more manageable. It's not that it's overly hard, just that it takes a LONG grueling time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote