View Single Post
Old 2009-08-14, 16:04   Link #83
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post

Of course soldiers smile after a vicotry on many ocassions. However you wouldn't smile if one of your friends died don't you think? That is if you care about your friends.
I would, there was enough mourning shown already and I wouldn't want to see it drag along. Squad 7 just recaptured Bruhl and it was an emotional win.

Quote:
Love can blossom anywhere but that rarely happens especially during times of war. Or maybe that's because there weren't any male foot soldiers aroun...But I doubt you'll be thinking about love while killing people.
That's a bit unrealistic. That's why you hear about the horrors of war and stuff like that from veterans - because it really is horrible seing people get blow to bits,dying, screaming for help,and scenes like that.You can't really go smiling happily after a scene like that.
I don't think the creators were going for the full blown realistic war story. Heck the love story part is probably more realistic then the war part.

Quote:

And after you lose a family member you can't move on that fast.You let it out times and times again but that doesn't hel that much (persoanl expirience speaking) And we know that this was Welkin's last family member so it was really though on him.
Welkin has mopped around long enough for a 24 ep? series. Besides different people react differently towards death. He mopped for an entire episode or two until Alicia along with recapturing Bruhl, got him to let it all out and helped him get back to becoming his old self. You can't mopped around forever, the anime must go on.

Maybe you want to see Welkin mope around longer but I rather have the creators advance the story. It's like watching Naruto, Bleach, or DBZ and having them explain every move to drag on fights as long as possible

Hero: "Wait I haven't shown my real powers"
Villian: "Oh yea I haven't shown my for real real powers"

/repeat.