View Single Post
Old 2013-04-10, 14:46   Link #290
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Let me just say that the staff are considering what to do. We do understand the concern.

Those of us who have been around for a long time will probably remember "the good old days" ( ) when we would sometimes have to wait weeks or longer just to see a fansub for an anime episode. And back in those days, all the discussion still happened in one thread (excepting sub-forums). That was why we came up with the guideline that it was "considerate" to use spoiler tags for discussing the raws before the subs were released, even though we don't technically consider it a spoiler. We do infract people from time-to-time for being inconsiderate in this regard (particularly if they post some major plot event in the clear).

This "waiting for HD broadcast" thing isn't so unlike some other cases where a show airs censored and people wait for the AT-X broadcast. Or what used to happen ~6-7 years ago with certain shows that aired in 4:3 first, and then in 16:9 a few weeks later. I think there is no perfect solution.

Anyway, the staff are discussing it, and we'll let you know once a decision is made. For now, though, I'd just ask that everyone try to stay on-topic and discuss the show itself. I don't disagree with the idea, at least for now, that people watching the pre-airing stream episodes could be considerate and use spoiler tags, at least for the time-being until a final decision is reached.

(Note also: once the decision is made, this thread will probably be cleaned-up to remove these side-topic comments.)